[kwlug-disc] General Thunderbird development ?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri Dec 19 12:02:08 EST 2008

OK, good stuff. Help me out here, I don't know enough about CRM guts
to be specific, but:

- one way or another, you're going to have to identify the incoming
bit against whom it should apply. Presumably you're going to want a
pick list - this would mean somehow synchronizing a Thunderbird
address book against the CRM list of customers. So you can say 'go',
pick for whom, and magic happens. This doesn't sound like fun
(Thunderbird Address Book).
- I am presuming the CRM packages handle all the nasty e-mail stuff /
processing etc. What I'm getting at is, I would have expected the CRM
packages, if you stay within the package / web interface, to have all
this nastiness solved for you already.
- if you solve the 'who should it apply to' bit, could you:
   (a) have the package assume that anything coming in, applies. Mail
would only be accepted from internal workstations.
   (b) simply forwarding the e-mail from TB to the CRM would kick
things in motion?

Maybe I'm confusing CRM with groupware?