[kwlug-disc] any interest in a local spinoff for a programming mailing list?

Rick rickm at golden.net
Sun Dec 14 12:33:22 EST 2008

Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> writes:
> On Sun, 2008-12-14 at 10:40 -0500, Rick wrote:
>> unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> writes:
>> > You'd think the UofW people would have something like this in place
>> > already. No?
>>
>> If so, then contacting the UW Computer Science Club
>> would be a good way to hook up.
>
> If indeed there are separate UW and CC programming lists, that seems
> like an artificial division that hurts the community(ies).

Fair enough. Nor do know if there is any such separation or if there is
even any such mailing lists. After all, CS students learn C as a matter
of rote during their classes. So any extra interest by individuals may
be handled by worldwide mailing lists/forums.

However, my intent is to suggest contacting the CSC ... as opposed to
searching UW as a whole. The CSC is an informal _club_ of enthusiasts
and, in many ways, is the closest analog to KWLUG at UW.

I view the CSC as a good source of the kind of information that Robert
is looking for. I imagine that they can give the best answers, with the
least effort on Robert's part.