[kwlug-disc] remote USB hard drive, via nfs

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Dec 13 02:20:53 EST 2008

--- On Fri, 12/12/08, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:

> user at local$ touch /media/touch2.txt I get
> touch: cannot touch `/media/touch2.txt': Read-only file
> system

Stupid question time: Can you write to the drive okay when you have it
mounted at /tmp/mnt/disc0_3 on the remote host?

I mean, does this work?

user at remote$ touch /tmp/mnt/disc0_3/dumb_test.txt

Other culprits may be lurking in your /etc/exports file on remote, or
maybe the command you use to mount the system locally. If you post
those then maybe the smart people can help you.

- Paul