[kwlug-disc] Buying online

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Thu Dec 11 15:29:42 EST 2008

If it helps, that happened to me last year too.

Again seller was 99% positive, selling a smart phone. He was in Montreal
too,
so I said I can take legal action if needed. To avoid Paypal Fees for him
and get
a discount I suggested to pay directly, and he agreed.

I paid via Interac email transfer and never heard back from him. Only then
did
others started giving bad reviews since they never received the goods.

Contacted the courts here and in Quebec, and effectively it is a lost case.
A court
order in Ontario is not enforcable in Quebec, and you can't sue in Quebec
unless
you live there!

Contacted police who took all the info and investigated and said that there
is
little if any chance of getting the money back.

So, yes, beware. It happens to all of us, even those like me advise others
to be
aware of wining the lottery scams and such.

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 3:18 PM, Raul Suarez <rarsa at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]

Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.
http://2bits.com