[kwlug-disc] Local Palm Treo 680 repair places?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Thu Dec 11 01:16:41 EST 2008

Rick wrote, On 12/10/2008 11:59 PM:
> unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> writes:
>>> ... unless some part besides the screen got damaged.
>> Which, of course, is the problem. If a screen is +US$80, plus
>> shipping, plus time there and back, and it's not the only problem, and
>>
>> Guess I have to figure out how much aggravation I'm willing to put up
>> with to save x $.
>
> I paid much less for my PDA screens. I think I got three for around
> $20-$30 (which reduces shipping because I bought spares) ... but I was
> probably lucky to be buying at the end of the technology cycle.

~US$80 is what both sites are showing for the screens. Plus shipping,
plus whatever else people can nail me with, brokerage, etc.

> Anyway, you  first need to fill in the data point ... does X = $80
> or might you be lucky enough to get a clearance price? Rememeber:
> eBay is often used to sell off the remanining items.

Wrong X.

Factory Direct, CDN$219.99 -> CDN$248.59. Ooh, and, oh look, they're
sold out locally. Again. Figures.

With CDN dropping, no par anymore, US$80 -> CDN$100.

So X <= ~$CDN$150, where X = time, time without it, and aggravation.