[kwlug-disc] Local Palm Treo 680 repair places?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed Dec 10 22:06:01 EST 2008

Off-topic Linux, but on-topic local ...

Anyone know of a local K-W Palm repair place? I dropped my Treo 680
and now the screen's gone. Opened it up, no obvious sign of damage.

Before opening, hallucinogenic coloured screen blobs, now no screen.
But it syncs, and it just chimed the hour for me. So I really think
it's just the LCD screen.

Factory direct has them for $210. May go that route rather than the
(Xmas time) aggravation of eBay again. (Which would be a little more
than half, plus shipping, plus ...)

<sigh>

Thanks.