[kwlug-announce] Meeting Monday: Video Editing, MusicBrainz (July 2020)

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Jul 4 05:10:35 EDT 2020

This month's meeting connection info:
Access code: 019336
(Contact me offlist if you need telephone access)

Summer! Summer is finally here! No more school! We can look forward to
those glorious vacation days when we don't have to go to the office!
Maybe we can shoot some home video of our adventures, or listen to
some tunes that are tagged with appropriate metadata. This month's
KWLUG meeting has you covered for all (some) of your summer
adventures.

On the beginner-friendly side, Michael Hitchens will talk to us about
video editing with OBS (the Open Broadcaster Project,
https://obsproject.com/) to collect video input, and editing that
video using Kdenlive (https://kdenlive.org/en/).

On the also (?) beginner-friendly side, Andrew Cant will discuss the
MusicBrainz project, which might be described like OpenStreetMap, but
for music. It started as an alternative, public-domain database for
compiling information about CDs (remember CDs?) but it apparently has
evolved over the years.

In other news, we are still looking for presentations for September
and beyond. Do you have something you would like to present? Something
that you would like to learn about? (Volunteering to present is a
great way to learn about something.) Or maybe you have a topic you
would like to see somebody else present? Please get in touch.

Okay. That's what I got. The meeting starts at 7pm, on our
BigBlueButton instance. I hope you are staying safe and sane as we
travel through this bizarre timeline together.

- Paul

--
Events: https://feeds.off-topic.kwlug.org
Blog: http://pnijjar.freeshell.org