[kwlug-disc] user and ui

Federer Fanatic nafdef at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 17:05:04 EDT 2021

One of the possibly onerous? properties of a lot of command line options is
that one is often forced
to examine a man page which can be frustrating. In answer to this issue,
people have used
the complete builtin of bash, for example, to craft a cover script that
then responds to TAB
to show options and suboptions. Problem is the crafting of such a cover
script is not that transparent
in any of the docs I have consulted. The original developers should be
making use of readline?
in their original programs to offer the TAB (or whatever key a user
prefers) to show
the possible options.

 Roger Federer Fanatic Extraordinaire :-)