[kwlug-disc] $30,000/yr to get your app on the $nap $tore

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 16:33:19 EDT 2021

I felt that frustration/lack of good documentation when making a snap.
I managed to make the snap, but never could get audio working
correctly despite trying several methods. I sent it up to the snap
store, but never saw it there. Likely I missed some approval step as
I'm sure other apps with binary blobs are in the snap store.

$30K seems a bit crazy when it costs $100USD to put an app in the
Steam store, mind you most of those apps are game/gamedev-related.

At some point I might give it a go again. Alan Pope mention that it
was time for an Ubuntu Wiki reboot:
https://twitter.com/popey/status/1371601610397388807

Cheers,

Charles