[kwlug-disc] Working for a FLOSS company

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Mon Mar 15 23:53:01 EDT 2021

On 2021-03-15 8:11 p.m., Paul Nijjar via kwlug-disc wrote:
> There is a fellow on KWTechs who is considering VC funding from
> somebody who only funds open source projects. He wants to know the
> pros and cons of what he is getting into.
>
> Does anybody here work for a company that produces a FLOSS product? (I
> do not think being a web designer or consultant that uses FLOSS
> counts, so Wordpress/Drupal developers are probably not a great fit.)
>
> Has anybody here been involved in founding such a company? That would
> probably be most relevant to him.
>
> If you are in either of these situations and would want to talk, let
> me know and I will get you in touch.

Hi Paul,

  Our company (Alteeve) is open source, and we've been incorporated (so
working as a "real" company) since 2012. I'm not sure how useful my
experience would be as our investor wasn't a typical VC investor. In any
case, we're entirely open source and I'm happy to answer questions you
might have (off list).

--
Digimer
"I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of