[kwlug-disc] Another day with PinePhone -> use postmarket plasma

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Thu Mar 4 20:17:45 EST 2021

>> Phone came with mobian+phosh. Had an impression of a slow device.
>>
>> Put onto flash card ps' plasma-mobile from
>> https://images.postmarketos.org/bpo/edge/pine64-pinephone/ following
>> "Flash to microSD card" on
>> https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/PINE64_PinePhone_(pine64-pinephone)
>>
>> Now phone feels responsive. I guess it was an UI. And there is an
>> autorotate and nicer terminal included.
>
> And this is when we realize, time can't be set. No rpm / apt. Is it a
> flatpack? Firefox doesn't open keyboard. Well. What is that sxmo?
> <down the rabbit hole/>

sxmo is incredibly convenient on the phone. Doc page
https://git.sr.ht/~mil/sxmo-docs/tree/master/USERGUIDE.md

I only don't get why installation of postmarketOS, newest version,
requires to setup ssh. Else install fails to complete. ui gestures fail
to work with that user, instead of postmarketos default "user".

I never got dwm. But with this gestures, and on a smaller screen it
rocks. Desktops are also super useful on a small screen.