[kwlug-disc] Flash drive filesystem for Linux AND Windows

R. Brent Clements rbclemen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 12:33:23 EDT 2021

I don't recall ever having a problem with files starting with a dot on a
Windows machine.  I have had lots of problems with folders whose name ends
with a dot on Windows.
FAT32 formatted USB keys are fine as long as the file attributes don't need
to be conserved, which is usually the case if Windows is the destination.
The dotfiles will not be hidden of course by default

Brent