[kwlug-disc] ThinkPad P15 -- crap?

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 01:30:34 EDT 2021

It is just you and also, it is not just you:-)
>From what I understand, key travel is 1.8mm which is decent these days, not
as good as the older classic T420/T520/X220 keyboard with around 2.2mm
travel. My tech guy uses a P15 and he has a T450 in his bugout bag, he did
not have anything negative to say about the P15's keyboard.
The trackpad though, yeah, Lenovo's trackpad is just crap regardless of
vintage and OS choice. Our people turn that thing off in the BIOS and
pretend it is not there and just use the trackpoint.

Not sure if you are still using the W10 that came with it or a Linux
distro, but if you have a Linux distro in play, try ripping out that
libinput driver set and stuff in the evdev driver set(easy to do via
SYNAPTIC), doing this has been a godsend for me on just about everything
based on Debian10 that we deploy on P15 and P17 laptops. Be ready to play
with settings in the driver via the GUI.
No idea about Arch-based  distros.
I am not sure this is terribly helpful.

Thanks,

Ron S.