[kwlug-disc] GMail, profile photo, and privacy: HOW'd it DO that?!?

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Thu Jan 21 22:08:51 EST 2021

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 03:01:35AM -0800, Ronald Barnes wrote:
> Brian Bentley wrote on 2021-01-21 2:45 a.m.:
>
> > This might help.
> >
> > https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6304920?hl=en
>
> Thanks Brian.
>
> I had a good look through there - even started an export of all my data
> across their 47(?) apps / platforms.
>

> There's very little info they have on me, I'm happy to report.
>
> No profile pic, no Chrome sync since 2012, one map location, one book
> (huh?!? I do not recall that), no location tracking, a fair few Gmail
> conversations, some contacts,...
>

> Pretty interesting to review that page occasionally.

Did you do this for your own Google account or for your parents's
account? If the picture is only on your parents's account (and it
might be -- when I hover over the picture it says "From user's Google
profile") then presumably that is where the data is stored.

- Paul

--
Events: https://feeds.off-topic.kwlug.org
Blog: http://pnijjar.freeshell.org