[kwlug-disc] Single desktop of several devices -- does it exist?

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Tue Jan 19 16:21:10 EST 2021

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 12:52:25PM -0500, Mikalai Birukou via kwlug-disc wrote:
> Have you seen anything to support this user experience of seemingly going
> from one actual desktop machine to another, as if two screens are attached
> to one device (we don't move windows, as it assumes move of process from one
> device to another, yet).

Might be different than what you're after, but I recently discovered "xpra".
It is basically "screen" for X.  I start it up, windows on another
machine display like windows on my own machine.  I can disconnect and
reattach later and the windows come back as they were.

It's in the Debian repos.

- Chris