[kwlug-disc] Mailing list question(s)

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Mon Apr 19 20:47:11 EDT 2021

As Doug suggested, you have to run through some hoops for Yahoo.

privacy options -> sender filters -> dmarc_moderation_action
Set to: Munge From

I think that is sufficient to allow Yahoo addresses (like mine!) through.

Yes, I set the footers manually:
In Non-digest options -> msg footer, I set:

I also have some settings to try and increase privacy:

General Options
- reply_goes_to_list : this list
- max_days_to_hold: 30
- admin_member_chunksize: 500 (or higher)

Privacy Options
- private_roster: list members

Privacy Options -> Sender Filters
- generic_nonmember_action: reject (or discard)
- nonmenber_rejection_notice : Set some text?

Also, Mark Steffen and I discovered a bad attack on Mailman: spammers will subscribe their targets to the mailing list in the hopes that those targets will get flooded with spam. Here was the fix:

ther people have the same issue
https://www.ralfj.de/blog/2018/06/02/mailman-subscription-spam.html
- Set SUBSCRIBE_FORM_SECRET in the subscription form
- Set SUBSCRIBE_FORM_MIN_TIME . Default is 5 seconds.

Events: https://feeds.off-topic.kwlug.org
Blog: http://pnijjar.freeshell.org