[kwlug-disc] 2007 ASUS EeePC for ??

Sean D thornlord at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 08:49:26 EDT 2021

Hi KWLUG,

I'm a most-of-the-time lurker. I'm shedding obscurity to talk about my ASUS
EeePC 900 computer. In the late 2000's, right before tablets became the
hand-held device of choice and well before Chromebooks dominated our public
school landscape, ASUS offered this tiny laptop as a product. It came in
several colours and 2 different operating systems Windows or Linux (ASUS
Homebrew). I picked up a black 900 model that runs Linux.

The laptop, after all these years, still works. I was recently able to load
AntiX Linux onto it but I honestly do not have a use for it as a computer.

Is anyone in need of or interested in a very small foot print laptop?
The original and quite deprecated OS has been re-installed.
The original CDROM and user guide are also available.

Here are a couple of pictures of it running AntiX Linux.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/k2LA6ReT7pYGBawr8

--
110.  Labour to keep alive in your breast that little celestial fire called
conscience.