[kwlug-disc] Local linux friendly PC vendors

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 16:28:04 EST 2020

I've known Yale at CSD since he was 17yo...a real fine fella and a straight
shooter.

On Friday, I received my 1st batch of T14s(slimmer vers of the T14) and
have loaded Mint 20(based on Ubu 20.04LTS) and everything is recognized,
all ports tried except for the FPR, no one in my world uses them. Of the 15
units, 3 will be running Mint 20 for the rest of their working lives, so it
will be a good test bed to see how them stack up. I did turn off all the
cruft in the BIOS like secure boot at all that, I dumbed it down as much as
possible, TLP works a treat, BT same.

I did have the issue(AGAIN) of the mouse pointer acceleration being too
fast, and adjusting it with the GUI tool was ineffective. I ripped out the
LIBINPUT driver set(as per Clem of Mint) and stuffed in the EVDEV driver.
Fixed! All good. now. This issue has haunted me with many Thinkpads and a
couple of HP Z Workstation laptops, from 2012 models all the way to the
current 2020 stuff.

FWIW.

Thanks,

Ron S.
BTW: These units wered CTO configs ordered on Nov 7th and I got them from
CN on Nov 27th...not bad for a CTO from CN!