[kwlug-disc] RMS talk hosted by UW CSC tomorrow

Jason Eckert jason.eckert at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 14:15:30 EST 2020

I followed the RMS controversy when it happened, and to be honest, I'm a
little surprised UW asked him to present as a result given today's
academic climate.
However, I think it's incredibly important that students who are entering
computer science hear RMS's views on free software, which is why I think
they invited him to talk. Without his radical free software viewpoint, it's
difficult to put the spectrum of open source licensing in perspective.