[kwlug-disc] changes at Private Internet Access

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 10:20:35 EST 2020

My VPN my Synology NAS seems to be working fine (it's PIA), but yesterday I
lost all VPN on my Ubuntu desktop, which is why I went digging and found
this notice on their website.  So maybe they're dismantling the older
versions one at a time, or maybe my NAS and your pfsense already had
recent-enough versions installed.

Also, I noticed that the latest version has an option to switch to
Wireguard, so I took that right away.  And a few more configurable options.

One problem I had with the older version was that I reboot my router
automatically every night, and when I come to my desktop in the morning I
had to disconnect and reconnect the VPN.  This morning, with the new
client, I didn't need to restart the VPN.  So that's a couple of good
points for the new version.