[kwlug-disc] Another call for presentations

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Fri Jul 31 10:53:13 EDT 2020

Hi Paul,

This one may seem bizzare, but may be interesting to people.

Two weeks ago I was involved in a hakaton in Belarus, brainstorming tech
for elections. Our team have articulated a process in which voters
(their devices) check and count votes, collected with servers, of
course. Note, there are no blockchains. Of course, we would I invite big
Chinese operators into own elections :) .

Elections is all about human trust and human consensus. In a solution
that we've articulated. There are three points/stages that need check
and human correction based on cryptographic evidence. Just counting is
not enough, and may be not engaging enough.

I want this type of system to be used in our municipal
elections/referenda. Hence, project, concepts, discussion may be
relevant to many of us.

State of the project. It turns out that cryptography is trivial, when we
use NaCl (http://nacl.cr.yp.to/) level of abstraction for crypto tasks.
Everything else has to do with actual settling on some standard form of
https endpoints, preparation of Docker Stack files to describe
configurations for different scales, etc. For September I have slides,
diagrams with data flow, key use.

Opinion and input back is very much appreciated. Especially, if we'll
set a goal to see if this approach can be implemented i here, on
municipal, provincial and federal levels.

Cheers.

--
Mikalai Birukou
CEO | 3NSoft Inc.