[kwlug-disc] GMane users, update the server address

Hubert Chathi hubert at uhoreg.ca
Thu Jan 16 15:35:56 EST 2020

Somewhat off-topic, but some dinosaurs such as myself may remember
something called NNTP.  Among those, some may even still be using it.
If you're using NNTP to read mailing lists via GMane, note that the
address for the GMane NNTP server has changed.  It is now news.gmane.io
rather than news.gmane.org.

Details at
https://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2020/01/15/news-gmane-org-is-now-news-gmane-io/
(and some background in a previous post linked from there).

(If you happen to be reading this particular mailing list via GMane, and
did not know about this change, you won't receive this message, and will
still be in the dark.  Sorry, I tried.  I only hope that in a few days,
you'll start to wonder why you haven't seen anything recently from the
wonderful people in your favourite mailing list, pop in to the web-based
mailing list archives, find this message, and realize what happened.)