[kwlug-disc] Presentation requests: package formats, repository best practices

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Wed Dec 16 04:06:06 EST 2020

Here are two things I want to know about but do not want to present:

- Snaps vs AppImage vs Flatpak vs ...
There is some discussion here:
http://kwlug.org/pipermail/kwlug-disc_kwlug.org/2020-June/019413.html
but I do not have a good sense of what I should care about, and what
(if any) of these formats is winning, and how easy/hard it is to
package software for them.

- Repository best practices: every programming language has its own
  repository format. Archives like Debian or Ubuntu's seem to be
  largely obsolete.

  Who is doing repositories right, in the sense that they curate good
  software and have good governance? Who is doing it wrong? What are
  the best practices?

- Paul

--
Events: https://feeds.off-topic.kwlug.org