[kwlug-disc] Permissive vs copyleft licenses

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Wed Dec 9 13:50:39 EST 2020

Can I connect this to Monday's talk about voting?

"If you don't pay attention to politics, time comes when politics comes
after you."

Choice of licensing is a political choice. You set the policy around
your software.

In my talk I've referenced Belarus. I think it is possible to find
RMS-like figure in Belarus politics. Someone saying right things for
decades, scorned for sticking to principles. Now population is waking up
to a nightmare they've helped create. Ironic? Is it the right word?