[kwlug-disc] RethinkDB vs MongoDB (was: Permissive vs copyleft licenses)

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Wed Dec 9 13:49:13 EST 2020

On Wed, Dec 09, 2020 at 01:47:07PM -0500, Chris Frey wrote:
> That page linked me to this:
>
> 	http://www.defmacro.org/2017/01/18/why-rethinkdb-failed.html

To be fair, I need to also quote this:

	But over time I learned to appreciate the wisdom of the
	crowds. MongoDB turned regular developers into heroes when people
	needed it, not years after the fact. It made data storage fast,
	and let people ship products quickly. And over time, MongoDB grew
	up. One by one, they fixed the issues with the architecture,
	and now it is an excellent product. It may not be as beautiful
	as we would have wanted, but it does the job, and it does it well.

- Chris