[kwlug-disc] Fw: Looking for colo facility suggestions

Andrew Sullivan Cant acant at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Sat Dec 5 15:59:38 EST 2020

Yeah, before you posted this I wanted to say this was also my experience.

I used them to host my static homepage, which worked fine. But I was
only touching it every few months, and inevitably I would come back and
find that the server was down.

Super frustrating.

But it was cheap. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have not used them for my static sites recently, but as long as you
account for their level of reliability they could be useful for prototypes.

Andrew

(P.S.: Not a good sign that the last link you posted was from 2019. I
would have hoped that they improved since I stopped using them.)