[kwlug-disc] Link shortener advice

Jason Eckert jason.eckert at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 17:58:04 EDT 2020

I avoid link shorteners altogether. Instead, I ensure that the description
text is hyperlinked to the full URL so that the reader doesn't see the full
URL unless they hover over the hyperlink. Of course for email, this
requires it be in HTML format instead of plaintext.  In the few cases where
plaintext is a must, I use footnotes (e.g. see Link#1 below and put
Link#1:hyperlink) at the bottom of the message.