[kwlug-disc] VIrus-ridden ISO in Debian archives?

Remi Gauvin remi at georgianit.com
Tue Aug 4 11:44:29 EDT 2020

On 2020-08-03 9:27 p.m., Ron Singh wrote:
> You nailed it Sir! I just turned all that security settings off from the
> default ON and no more virus/malware message.
>
> Begs the question though, why is FF flagging that specific file as
> having a virus/malware?
>
> I turned on security again(as per below) and 7 other ISOs(64B and 32B)
> came down without throwing that virus/malware message...Just this
> specific ISO.

I can't speak for the specific download in question, but I have had
*many* problems with firefox file blocking and false positives.

Still, I prefer aggressive false positive warnings to the alternative.
But Firefox/Google flagging a file is something I would only consider
'take a second look, make sure you know what you're doing.'