[kwlug-disc] Fuming and tor-rorists

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Wed Apr 15 10:45:15 EDT 2020

> Speaking of Chernobyl, a letter was signed by 100 participants
> about China's government and its early handling of the outbreak,
> which lead to the epidemic being a pandemic ...
>

> https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/china-coronavirus-pandemic-covid-who-1.5531968

I liked an interview of Taiwan's prof in that area. He said that they
never trusted calming notes in first Chinese statements, and as a result
instituted strong measures fast. They were sober. The others are drunk
with how cool market have been doing.

By talking about China we divert attention from here. "Wear mask or go
to jail" would've appeared in February, if there were masks for doctors.
Why do we order F35's, when we don't have more nurses? Can we do a debt
forgiveness to all those students, especially medical students,
tomorrow's doctors?

After a year, if statistics here won't be fixed by political interests,
we'll see who survived better this non-stopping of financial time and
stopping many real economy activities.

In Russian, stock market is called "рынок ценных бумах". With
word-to-word translation it becomes "market of valuable papers". Of
course, some thought that the most valuable paper was toilet paper :) .
But why paper is valuable? Paper is valuable when it carries a promise.
Hence, an honest name for stock market is "market of promises".