[kwlug-disc] More BBB testing needed (audio problems)

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Mon Apr 13 14:46:33 EDT 2020

During the meeting there were some people who consistently could not
get audio (Bob Jonkman, Bob B, maybe some other people not named Bob).

This does not happen for all users. It looks like the fault may be
something called "symmetric NAT". One way to reproduce this problem is
for home users who run pfSense to have Nat -> Outbound NAT set to
"Automatic Outbound NAT" (as opposed to "Manual Outbound NAT".)

I am working on some workarounds for this, but I am at the stage where
I need some helpers who are ACTUALLY experiencing the problem to help
me test it. (I am not able to reproduce these conditions on my home
connections, so I am using firewall rules to mimic some of the
symptoms, and am getting very strange results.) If anybody either has
experienced these issues or is willing to reproduce them and can help
me test things today then please let me know.

- Paul

--
Events: https://feeds.off-topic.kwlug.org
Blog: http://pnijjar.freeshell.org