[kwlug-disc] Good RSS/iCal readers (all platforms)

Tue Oct 22 11:08:14 EDT 2019

Good morning,

> On Oct 20, 2019, at 10:38 AM, CrankyOldBugger <crankyoldbugger at gmail.com> wrote:
> While I can't say much to iCal, I can say however that I'm using TinyRSS to aggregate/manage my RSS news feeds, and I'm very happy with it.  I'm running it on a Raspberry Pi under the FreedomBox umbrella (TinyRSS is one of the apps promoted in FreedomBox).  TinyRSS pulls down all my news sources then I make that available to any of my clients via a web browser (Firefox, of course...)  So after many years of searching, I finally found a way to get my news feeds without the endless advertisements nor yearly subscriptions to the popular RSS readers...

Is “tinyRSS” the same as “Tiny Tiny RSS” (tt-rss.org <http://tt-rss.org/>)? If I search for tinyrss specifically excluding “tiny tiny rss” I get really, really old software (RSS for IE, an RSS library and even an RSS reader for PalmOS!)

I think you may have just answered one of my long-asked-for prayers. I’ve always hated how some of the feeds I’d like to keep up on only provide the last 20 or so stories and can’t go back in time to get older ones if you’ve not checked the feed in a while. I think I can use this to continually poll all these and build up my own RSS feeds. It won’t help for anything in the past, but it will keep me from losing stuff going forward.

Thank you!