[kwlug-disc] Docker repositories

Chamunks chamunks at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 21:49:52 EST 2019

Docker-ce is the default unless I've been misled; you would have to pay for
Docker Enterprise, and that takes effort to do.

 You can stick with https://hub.docker.com/_/ubuntu/ as your base container
image if you need something more digestible, it will just come with a lot
less than the normal ubuntu install.  The installation from the docker
website is likely the best option.

Use the latest docker-compose if you want to avoid using messy commands but
then instead have to learn how to use the YAML config format.
https://github.com/docker/compose/releases

This is probably one of the best ways, and you can examine the script if
you imagine that you're experiencing a MITM attack.
https://docs.docker.com/install/linux/docker-ce/ubuntu/#install-using-the-convenience-script

I maintain that the Docker User Guide was the method I used, but that was
like four years ago now it's been replaced with the Getting Started section
https://docs.docker.com/v17.09/get-started/ it looks like if you plow
through steps 1, 2, and 3 at least you will be ready to go but
would benefit greatly from doing the whole thing.

The real question is, what are you trying to accomplish with your foray
into the Docker world.