[kwlug-disc] imac4,1 help

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri May 31 18:04:19 EDT 2019

I have had problems getting Linux ISOs to boot when they have embedded
desktop environments. So the desktop Ubuntu versions have not worked
well for me.

You could try a server installation of Ubuntu if you have not tried
already, or you could try the Debian image here:

debian-mac-9.9.0-i386-netinst.iso

https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/i386/iso-cd/

You will want to read the caveats here:
https://wiki.debian.org/MacMiniIntel#Macmini_1.2C1

Apologies if you have gone through this already.

- Paul

WatCamp Newsletter: https://da.gd/wtcmp-news
Blog: http://pnijjar.freeshell.org