[kwlug-disc] BlackBerry BBMe client for Linux (was: more music discoveries)

tomg at sentex.ca tomg at sentex.ca
Tue May 28 22:51:26 EDT 2019

Quoting Ron Singh <ronsingh149 at gmail.com>:

> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVHOgH4XEyYx-ZEaya1XqCQ

> On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 11:44 AM CrankyOldBugger <crankyoldbugger at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ8YN9u9H_tRTi2LTODoXLg, or you can just
>> search for Dreamstate Logic.

I appreciate these URLs, thanks.

On topic:

I heard from IRC that BlackBerry, the company, is releasing a secure
end-to-end encryption client and is apparently considering a Linux
desktop client.  This is what they said:

<pagetelegram> I got in touch with the senior director, engineer of
BBM Enterprise of BlackBerry and they have a development of Linux
version of their BBMe desktop. I asked how their decision to release
it can be determined. You can write letters in anticipation for
release to bbmenterprisesupport at blackberry.com They would make
binaries available for Deb as well.

If you all support that, maybe you can e-mail them as well.  I did.

I know it's corporate-controlled, but they say it's end-to-end and doesn't
require a phone number (or a phone), and I think we in the world can use
all the end-to-end encryption we can get.  I prefer them to Discord or
WhatsApp anyway.

Tom