[kwlug-disc] [OT] Old / Vintage components

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 15:50:46 EDT 2019

Another stunningly lovely board is the ASUS P3B-F, that was a big hit with
everyone, thanks to ISA, PCI and AGP slots(!).
It was married to a SLOT-1 CPU, like a P3 up to 600Mhz I believe, or mebbe
it topped out at 450, can't recall.

Mobo pic porn --
https://i0.wp.com/the620guy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/20180611-Asus_P3B-F_R1.03_P3_450MHz_256MB_3.jpg

Interestingly, the SLOT-1 CPUs were basically a CPU on a PCB, encased in a
plastic shroud, the tooling and most(all?) of that shrouding were courtesy
of a local design/build shop -- ATS Automation. How cool is that?

Thanks,

Ron Singh