[kwlug-disc] Updating kernel without restart -- who can talk about it?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Thu Jul 11 15:36:47 EDT 2019

A few things come to mind, none of which I have personally tried.
Would be nice to hear from those who have tried some of them.

KSplice, which was developed, then later acquired by Oracle
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ksplice

Kpatch, developed by RedHat (now IBM)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kpatch

KGraft, by SuSE
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KGraft

Ubuntu Livepatch, which is a service, but they say "free for 3 machines".
Most likely uses one of the above.
https://ubuntu.com/livepatch