[kwlug-disc] Any issues with APC UPS (s) ?

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 19:55:29 EST 2019

Both brands are decent enough.

We use this APC model regularly for our soho deploys, out of 15, 1 will die
within 30 days.

We also use more of the Cybers, specifically the # CP1500PFCLCD for
entry-level servers/switches/routers.voip boxes and the like, the #
CP1500AVRLCD for regular single-cpu workstations.

Out of at least 120 of the CP1500AVRLCD, we have had 2 die, and out of some
45 of the CP1500PFCLCD, none have died since late 2016.

I use a CP1500PFCLCD on my home NAS/Modem/Router/Enet switch, for the
pure-sine feature mostly as I worry about choppy cruddy toothy AC getting
to my NAS when power is out.

"die" = no batt changes makes a diff, no resetting of circuit board makes a
diff, dead as in beeping sounds with no correlation to a specific fault
condition.

APC is # 1 with a bullet, testament to best-in-class marketing I suppose.

FWIW.

Thanks,

Ron Singh