[kwlug-disc] Photo Managment

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Mon Feb 11 17:57:32 EST 2019

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 5:49 PM Ron Singh <ronsingh149 at gmail.com> wrote:

> FF was the only browser(default on Mint) installed and I used the "-y"
> switch when I tossed FF to bring in FF-ESR.
> No Qs were asked(understandably?) and my OS died.

I never use the -y flag, because of this very reason.

That way, if there are dependency problems, I get prompted, and I can reply
n or q, rather then proceeding.

Khalid, that fact that you have done -upgrade since 12.04 to now and not
> have an issue(until 18.04 it seems) -- Sir, you are a BOLD man.

It is not boldness, rather another virtue: laziness ... Yes, it is a good
thing when it comes to technology ...

I am much to chicken to do upgrades, as a scarred refugee from the MS
> world. I tend to do do a bare-metal install as I keep /home on a separate
> drive anyway.

The only cases where I install is when a hard disk dies, or it is a new
machine. Otherwise, why would I recreate years of configuration, and forget
how things were?