[kwlug-disc] Software to draw illustrations?

Doug Moen doug at moens.org
Sun Feb 10 09:18:17 EST 2019

Inkscape is a really popular vector graphics program, for art and design.

For technical diagrams, libre office draw might be a better option (as mentioned by Sandeep).

If you need correctly typeset mathematical equations as well, then there are some very powerful diagramming tools made by the Tex/latex community, which I keep meaning to investigate some day. These are programming languages that generate diagrams, so there is a steep learning curve. The ones I've heard of are metapost and tikz.