[kwlug-disc] Opinions needed

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 14:39:08 EST 2019

My boss would like me to investigate what's out there for open source apps
to regularly patch all of my Red Hat, centOS, SuSe, and Ubuntu servers
(several hundred servers to begin with).  Essentially this app will hit
certain servers on certain days, apply all available patches, then reboot
only if it's during a schedule time frame.

I suppose I could run around and install an RSA key on all of my servers
for the app to gain access to each server, if necessary.

Any ideas on what's out there?  Does anyone in this group do regularly
patching in this manner?

Thanks in advance...

Jeff/Cranky