[kwlug-disc] Buying a battery replacement vs. a new UPS

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Feb 5 15:53:36 EST 2019

This is an update on the matter of replacing the battery for the APC
Back-UPS XS 1200.

Thanks to all of those who suggested places to buy batteries.

Turns out that the UPS has two 12V batteries, in series, giving 24V. They
are coupled together
using a plastic adapter with a cable harness.

The ready to go batteries are expensive, $70 and up.

But if I buy two of these 12V 7A batteries
<https://lextec.com/product/enersys-np7-12-12v-7ah-replacement-battery-toronto>
from Lextec, they will be cheaper, and I reuse the
existing adapter and harness.

There are many videos showing how this can be done, such as here
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3stze7Y_kQ0> and here
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cPvJtkvM7I>.