[kwlug-disc] Server Rack

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 09:07:52 EDT 2019

This isn't quite what Colin had in mind, but I thought I'd mention
that Computer Recycling has a rack that could be used to store desktop
machines, networking equipment, and smaller rackmount servers. Here's
the photo of the actual rack:

https://ibb.co/5LfqH3Y

Unfortunately we don't have trays for the rack (we used the few we
got). But configured with trays it could look something like:
https://www.cabletiesandmore.ca/cable-cove-two-post-rack

It's quite large and would need a truck to pick up. We're pretty happy
to let it go for a very reasonable price as we're unlikely to use it.

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 2:40 PM Colin Mackay <zixiekat at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a lot of rack mount stuff in my basement, on shelves and most of my desk.  I need a rack.
>
> So, I'm looking for a 42U or higher rack with sides and at least the front door.  If anyone has an idea of where one can be obtained free or cheap, please let me know.
>

> Thank you!  I have a spot all picked out for it already.
>
> :)

Charles McColm
Fasteroids: http://www.fasteroids.ca
Twitter/Identica/Google+: @chaslinux