[kwlug-disc] Return to the discussion on file systems

jason.eckert jason.eckert at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 16:06:41 EDT 2019

Because of the way ZFS is implemented in Linux, I'm still a big fan of using XFS for / and ZFS for all other data filesystems. I find that XFS outperforms EXT4, but having ZFS root has some nice admin functionality. Just my 2 cents....Sent from my Samsung device running Android (basically Linux in drag)
-------- Original message --------From: "L.D. Paniak" <ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com> Date: 2019-08-07  11:08  (GMT-05:00) To: kwlug-disc at kwlug.org Subject: Re: [kwlug-disc] Return to the discussion on file systems
    If you are willing to put in some work, you can have ZFS root
      with your Ubuntu (and Debian) today:
    https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/wiki/Ubuntu-18.04-Root-on-ZFS
    With a little more effort, you can have native ZFS encrypted root
      as well...

    On 8/7/19 10:23 AM, CrankyOldBugger