[kwlug-disc] inexpensive laptop for student leaving overseas on Tuesday

Sun Aug 4 21:00:54 EDT 2019

Good evening, everyone,

Long shot here, but here goes: My niece has been vising for the last few weeks and is going back to Romania on Tuesday morning. I only tonight discovered that she was learning C++ and on a tiny Acer Aspire D257 netbook that is failing.

I’m looking for something in the 11-13” screen size, core2-i3 range for her. She’s running Windows 7 as her school back home requires it, so I think that will necessitate at least 8GB of memory and a 200G drive of some kind.

I think CR may have something that would fit the bill here, although they will not be open until I’m on my way to Toronto to send her off. Does anyone have something in the $200-$300 range that I’d be able to pick up today or tomorrow?

Thanks,
Andrew