[kwlug-disc] Run, don't walk

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 21:17:41 EDT 2018

This is likely not terribly relevant, but for the last 2 hours, I 've been
mucking about with an older Thinkpad X200 with the most up-to-date
BIOS(3.22 from 2013) with Mint 18.2 Mate with a Kingston A400 240G SSD from
Tigerdirect. Big issue, the X200 will not boot from a "soft" reset with the
A400.

Problem was solved when using any HDD or the Samsung 860 EVO.

Since this is for the in-laws as a banking-only PC, I figgered it was worth
the extra 30 bucks to stuff the Samsung 860 EVO in there.
Not sure what the issue is with the A400, but can only imagine that the
X200 did not sent the "correct" start-up command(s) in time for that
Kington A400 SSD?  The A400 works and boots quite fine in a T430s even
after a "soft" restart.

Thanks,

Ron Singh