[kwlug-disc] Which JavaScript should I learn?

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Tue Mar 13 13:20:30 EDT 2018

I am going to undermine the question a little. If you serve this thing
from an embedded Linux board, how will you handle updates the next
time Javascript (or the framework of your choice) has a bug? If you
are serving a complicated thing from a simple device you have to deal
with supporting the updates.

There were webservers built into JetDirect cards for HP printers. They
are awkward to use now because they depended upon versions of Java
that modern browsers no longer support. Meanwhile they add security
vulnerabilities to the network.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org