[kwlug-disc] I found a decent space for us if we want it.

Chamunks chamunks at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 14:22:16 EST 2018

There is a space that I've found it's a co-share space next door to Google.

Location 1 Photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/zELtRVgM7XodrNcw2
Location 1 Map Link:
https://goo.gl/maps/3YcX4aW8yAq

Location 2 Map Link:
https://goo.gl/maps/YQb7jwhihrB2

The location is under new property management since KWARTZ Lab was there
with Kaplan being on site more often.  The co-share space would come with
Biometric after-hours access for myself and a number of other KWLUG
members.  This access would be granted for the Co-Share space which is in
the photos I posted and for the Datacenter office space down the road if we
aren't able to lock in the co-share space for some reason.

The co-share space comes with an HD projector which can be projected onto a
massive white wall so that everyone in the room can see much easier then
what we've had now.  We would also be able to store our stuff securely on
site so that we could have a bit more permanence than we do now.

Ideally, what I was thinking because there is an ISP in the building
CloudWiFi and the Co-Share itself has its own WiFi we could likely set up a
proper streaming setup as well which would be beneficial for increasing
attendance of the KWLUG.

We also would have the potential option to maybe talk them into letting us
use their Meetup account if we don't arrange one for ourselves because I
think one of the biggest things ( that we should discuss outside of this
thread if we want to discuss it ) is that we're not on Meetup.  There are a
lot of people who rely on Meetup to locate interesting groups in the
region.

So in abstract,
Pros:
- New secure space for us
- Two potential locations in case one is for some reason not suitable for a
meeting here and there.
- Meetup Account we may not have to moderate ourselves.
- Stable and likely fiber connectivity.
- Full network infrastructure available.
- HD Projector.
- Large wall for projection screen usage.
- Quiet and productive environment.
- 24/7 access for core members of KWLUG at two locations.
- Within a visual range of our current meeting space so we're not really
moving far.
- Kitchenette if we wanted to do food for whatever reason.
- A fairly motivated community manager who wears many hats at the location
who may be interested in helping out with driving the expansion of the
group.

Cons:
- The building is undergoing a fairly significant upgrade so no Accessible
entrance yet but one is planned.
- Parking may be less convenient than the St. Johns kitchen but no
extortionate paid parking seems to be taking up residence in the
surrounding streets as of yet.
- Somewhat limited shared parking currently with more parking planned.