[kwlug-disc] Fw: Maker Expo 2018: Exhibitor Applications NOW OPEN!

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Feb 23 15:28:51 EST 2018

I know there is already a lot of overlap between KWLUG and Kwartzlab,
but I am hoping you will not be too mad at me for trying to spread the
word further.

- Paul

----- Forwarded message from Agnes Niewiadomski via Discuss <discuss at kwartzlab.ca> -----

Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 15:33:23 -0500
From: Agnes Niewiadomski via Discuss <discuss at kwartzlab.ca>
To: Kwartzlab Members List <members at kwartzlab.ca>, KwartzLab Public
	Discussion List <discuss at kwartzlab.ca>
Cc: Agnes Niewiadomski <agnes.niewiadomski at gmail.com>
Subject: [KwartzLab] Maker Expo 2018: Exhibitor Applications NOW OPEN!

Dear fellow makers,

We are very excited to announce that the Maker Expo 2018 Exhibitor
Applications are  NOW OPEN!

Because there are so many incredible makers in our community, we've decided
to double the size of our event this year!
That means 2x the exhibitors, 2x the space and 2x the days! Join us at
the *Kitchener
Memorial Auditorium* on *June 2nd and 3rd, 2018*!

*Our application deadline is April 20th, 2018; however we will be making
early acceptances.*

We’re looking for Makers, Artists and Organizations to showcase their
amazing creations. Whether you’re an individual, group or team, if you have
something to show off, demonstrate, WE WANT YOU!

We’re currently accepting applications for the following categories:

   - *Showcase *(participants will get to see your finished creation and
   discuss it with you)
   - *Maker Demonstration* (participants will get to watch you make
   something)
   - *Hands-on "Make and Take"* (participants get to take something home)
   - *Hands-on Making Experience* (participants get to make but don't keep
   anything)
   - *Art Installation* (participants get to experience your show or
   interact with your creation)
   - *Exhibitor Grants* (we will be offering a limited amount of money to
   exhibitors who want to run a workshop or build an installation specifically
   for the Expo)

Please note that we will *not be accepting vendor applications* at this
year's event.

Our focus is on interactivity and inclusivity — we want to celebrate a wide
range of topics and disciplines, including, but certainly not limited to:

3D printing · Agriculture · Arduino · Arts · Computing · Crafts · Electric
Vehicles · Electronics · Engineering · Gardening · How-tos & Education ·
Metalworking · Model Aircraft & Flying Machines · Paper Arts · Robotics ·
Science · Sewing & Textiles · Space & Near-Space · Student Projects ·
Wearables · Woodworking AND MORE! (There is room for all sorts of makers!)

If you need more info on the application process, please don’t hesitate to
contact us directly at* exhibitors at makerexpo.ca <exhibitors at makerexpo.ca>*.
Got all the info you need?...

*APPLY HERE!* <https://www.makerexpo.ca/application/>

One last thing, please help us spread the word by sharing this email with
all the makers in your life, RSVP to the event over on our Facebook event
<https://www.facebook.com/events/380619979038897/>, and mark your calendars
for June 2 and 3rd, 2018!

Cheers,

Agnes Niewiadomski