[kwlug-disc] consulting fees

doug moen doug at moens.org
Thu Feb 22 22:29:34 EST 2018

This is the really cool part. They want to pay me to work on my open source
project, Curv. They sell a very specialized CAD product, and they want a
new, more powerful geometry kernel for the next generation of the product.
So they want to investigate whether Curv could be used for that. For that,
I need to extend my geometry kernel and make it "industrial strength". I'll
retain ownership of the new Curv geometry kernel and it remains open
source. None of their proprietary "special sauce" will be in the open
source project: that all lives in the application layer above the kernel.