[kwlug-disc] Ebook reading software/hardware favourites?

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 13:55:49 EST 2018

Adding to what Darcy said, if you're looking for a good ebook management
and conversion program for your desktop/laptop, you can't beat Calibre (
https://calibre-ebook.com/ )

It converts between formats, looks up metadata online, and copies your
ebooks to your tablet/ebook reader/phone/whatever.  It also lets you read
various formats on screen.

Personally I use a very old model of Kobo for my ebook reading.  It would
be nice if it had a backlight, but otherwise it does the job.